Frequently Asked Questions:
Who does Dinner for 2 attract?
- Our program is designed for single, widowed and divorced individuals who are interested in meeting like persons while fostering in-person introductions, romantic possibilities and endless friendships.
What does my membership include?
- Your membership includes a guaranteed number of dinner engagements per the membership tier of your choosing. Each dinner date begins with a complimentary pre-dinner “meet & greet” accompanied with appetizers and a cocktail, hosted by the Dinner for 2 staff.
- Membership also entitles you to exclusive admission into our offering of social events that will feature some of the Pittsburgh area’s most dynamic entertainment and recreational venues.
How is Dinner for 2 different?
Unlike traditional online dating services, you will not have to spend hours reviewing random profiles for personal compatibly. There is no clumsy electronic introduction, an uncomfortably written email, a “wink”, “nudge” or “poke”…or an awkward cold call. You won’t even have to worry about where or when to meet. We take care of all of this for you. All you have to do is show up and focus on what’s most important; having an enjoyable evening meeting new people!
What is not included during my dinner?
The cost of your transportation, parking, dinner, drinks and gratuities is on your own. Separate checks will be provided.
Where and when will dinners take place?
- Most dinner dates will take place between Sundays and Thursdays. Typically, the starting time will be 7pm for a “meet & greet” with complimentary cocktail and appetizers hosted by your Dinner for 2 staff, followed by a 7:30pm dinner reservation with great company.
- When a dinner is arranged for you, we will notify you by email or phone as much in advance as possible with details about the time and location.
- We are constantly adding new establishments to our list of preferred locations, but rest-assured that we offer a variety of fun and delicious dining experiences to tantalize the taste buds; everything from casual settings to fine dining experiences.
- Blue North
- The Foundry
- Walnut Grill
- & Many More!
How are dinners determined?
DF2 will meet with you to create a personal profile, which is basic information about your preferences, interests and demographic. With your permission we will also work to cultivate a personal relationship with you during the course of your membership. The professional experience and expertise of the Dinner for 2 staff enables us to utilize these tools with you to create the most compatible dinner dates possible.
Why a Background Check?
In order to maintain the integrity and reliability of Dinner for 2, each new member will have a background check administered by Dinner for 2. By implementing this process, all members can feel confident that each dinner date will be a safe and wholesome experience. The check is done automatically within the Dinner for 2 application process and no action is required on your part. Your membership fee includes the cost of the background check.
Results of the background check will always remain private and undisclosed.
How are your fees determined?
Dinner for 2 is an upscale concierge membership service designed for like-minded people who are serious about expanding their network and meeting quality people. For less time, money and emotional energy than you would expend on an online dating membership, you will meet dozens more people who are also committed to the process in a relaxed, natural setting. Our membership fees are based upon our mission to provide a high level of personalized introduction services while creating dynamic social experiences in Pittsburgh’s eclectic collection of renowned restaurants. With Dinner for 2 you will spend less time and money on the process and more time actually engaging with more quality people than you ever imagined.
What advice can you provide when meeting about my profile?
- Understand that your profile is the guideline by which the staff of Dinner for 2 will match you. By creating a profile with diverse and open-minded preferences, you are likely to meet a wider scope of interesting people and subsequently increase your overall social circle.
- Be realistic and appropriate.
- Be honest.
What kind of social events will you be planning?
In the near future, we will announce a variety of special events that will offer even more exciting opportunities to meet new people. Watch for theater nights, speaker presentations, sporting events, and even travel opportunities.